Sunday, July 26, 2009

Getting better every day

Our report from the hospital was good this morning. Nicholas is still stable, and not actively getting any worse, which is a very good sign. Eva of course is just cruising on through. The nurse told us yesterday that she went to peek in on her and she had pulled her feeding tube out and was swinging it around as if to say "feed me please". She started back on breast milk today. She gets 2 ml's every four hours.

Nicholas isn't eating right now, but hopefully soon he will be able to eat again.

We have decided that trying to go to the hospital every day was getting to be to much on us financially and emotionally. The kids at home were getting shuffled so much from place to place and we decided they needed some sense of normalcy. Therefore, we have decided to go every other day. This way, we only need babysitters for Monday's and Wednesday's.

I know alot of people have been asking what they can do to help us. I'm always shy about asking for help, but it gets to the point that we start to realize that we can't do this alone. Some things that would really help out our family:

1. Prayers, first and foremost: The babies I don't think would be doing as well as they are without the prayers of our family and friends. They are truly miracles of God.

2. Recipes for quick and easy dinners would be great. It is so hard to try to plan meals, feed Matt and I, and the kids, and get to the hospital. If you have any easy recipes that are quick and easy to throw together, please send them my way.

3. Babysitting Volunteers for Monday's and Wednesday's. I always hate calling and asking people to babysit, because I hate to feel like I am burdening people. However, any family members who want to volunteer, it would really make me feel better, and not like I am constantly bugging people.

4. Prepaid gas cards: We are struggling financially, especially with me being out of work for a month and a half. The gas going back and forth to the hospital is killing us right now.

5. Pictures of family to hang on the babies incubators. The nurses told me that alot of the babies grow bigger and stronger faster by having pictures of their families taped to their incubators. Also, pictures colored and drawn by cousins can be taped as well. Noelle has drawn a few and they are taped up, but if any cousins want to draw them pictures, I would be glad to take them up to the hospital.

6. Visitors: The babies, although to small to be held, thrive from hearing the voices of diffrent family members and friends. Anytime anyone wants to visit, just let Matt and I know. We would be glad to take you up to visit them. Unfortunetly, no children under 16 are allowed in right now.

Again, thank you guys so much for the continued support and prayers. We hope someday we can repay the kindness you all have shown us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to email y'all some of my favorite recipies. I'll send the quick and easy ones!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete